The New York Archives Conference is committed to support all participants and seeks to provide a welcoming and accommodating atmosphere to encourage networking, collaboration, and the sharing of ideas. We encourage positive participation and inclusion in order to foster a civil dialogue between attendees, speakers, volunteers, and staff members. These values are reflected in our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility statement.
This pertains to all aspects of the conference whether it is in person or held virtually. Appropriate behavior is an expectation and a right to all participants.
- Treat all participants and venue staff members with kindness and respect.
- Demonstrate cooperation and patience between colleagues.
- Respect opinions that may differ from your own while offering comments on ideas rather than individuals.
- Avoid personal attacks on any participants or those not in attendance.
- Exercise good judgement when engaging with social media.
- Be respectful of accessibility standards and laws to accomodate all participants in a welcoming manner.
- Alert or report any signs of abuse/harassment to either proper authorities or NYAC.
NYAC does not tolerate harassment of any shape. If any participant engages in any demeaning, abusive, coercive, discriminatory, or harassing behavior, appropriate consequences will be taken against such individuals. This could result in something as minimal as a warning or more serious as being handled by the authorities. Harassers may lose privileges to the conference(s).
- Threats or acts of violence.
- Intimidation or stalking.
- Disruption of any speakers/panelists or any conference proceedings
- Derogatory or unwelcome comments regarding a person’s race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, lifestyle choices and practices.
- Inappropriate physical contact or unwelcome sexual attention.
All participants are expected to observe these guidelines during the conference or any NYAC proceedings, including virtual settings. If you may witness or experience any inappropriate or harassing behavior please report this concern using the form below.
Dial 911 for immediate medical emergencies or to report a crime. All reports to NYAC will be followed up and taken seriously in order to protect our participants from further abuse.
This statement above has been adapted from the following policies: