Society of American Archivists Distinguished Service Award
Deadline: February 28, 2018
Purpose and Criteria for Selection: The Distinguished Service Award recognizes an archival institution, education program, nonprofit organization, or government organization that has provided outstanding service to its public and has made an exemplary contribution to the archives profession. The institution being nominated should have achieved distinction in one or more of the following ways:
- Demonstrably contributing to archival theory and the development of new archival practice.
- Serving its constituency in an outstanding fashion.
- Showing extraordinary ingenuity and resourcefulness in improving efficiency of operations or methods of work.
- Going well beyond the normal performance requirements expected of an archival agency and thus providing a model for others.
- Developing over a period of years an archives program of such depth and scope as to warrant special recognition
Eligibility: Any archival institution, archival organization, records center, or manuscript repository, archival education program, or nonprofit or government organization providing service or support to the archives community in North America.
Nomination Requirements: In addition to a completed nomination form, each nomination must include letters of support from three SAA members, each representing a different institution. Self-nominations are accepted and encouraged.
Submission Deadline and Nomination Form: Click here to preview the nomination form and/or to start a nomination. All nominations must be submitted by February 28, 2018.